Scheduled for May 9, 2017, the provincial election is in sight. The window to understand where your organization and issues stand in the mind of the public and still offer a meaningful response is shrinking.
Along with political parties, advocacy groups, corporations, and industry associations are already in the field to find what matters and to whom. Regardless of profile, if your issue is meaningful to voters, or merely counts with key constituencies, then it will not be overlooked.
Elections are a bad time to learn you are on the wrong side of an issue. Don’t get caught flat footed. Get the data you need so that you know where you stand and can test messages and actions while there is still time to develop an effective response.
In addition, knowing who your issues matter to and why will make your public advocacy more effective and your government relations more convincing.
Rushbrooke Communications offers several ways for clients to prepare for the May 2017 provincial election and the “silly season” that precedes it:
- Issue check Omnibus options allow a cost effective way to take the temperature of your issues by placing few questions on a shared survey. Only you will know your questions and results, but everyone benefits from shared demographics and vote intent data.
- Target audiences are specialized Omnibus options that focus on where you and your issues stand with key groups:
- Swing ridings: Of BC’s 87 electoral districts, the next election will be decided by a group of 20-25 ‘swing’ ridings. An Omnibus survey of these critical constituencies allow you to track issues with the potential to be true ‘game changers’.
- Multi-lingual: Omnibus surveys conducted in Punjabi, Mandarin, and Cantonese allow insight into the views of British Columbians whose home life and media consumption is in a language other than English. These audiences are chosen because they are easily accessible by the mature media markets that serve them.
- Custom Research solutions are available to explore more challenging issues in greater detail to aid strategy development.
For more information and pricing contact: Mike Witherly at (604) 357-3015 or email@example.com.